I was born in Canada, and have been based in Cape Town South Africa since 2007. In 2013 we are relocating to and taking wedding bookings in Ireland (Sligo to be precise), but available all over Ireland and anywhere in Europe for that matter) for the months of June – October.
We are based and take bookings in Cape Town from November until April.
I have traveled most of my life. I started working as a photography assistant at the age of 15. I got a job with a photographer on the weekends assisting at weddings, it later became a full time job. Weddings was my introduction to professional photography and all I knew about photography at the start of my career. Even though I have worked commercially in the fashion and editorial worlds, I have always been a wedding photographer and find it the most creative form of photography that I am able to do.
There is just something about shooting weddings and what you can do with your subjects. Wedding photography to me is real photography, traditional yes…and constantly evolving. An avenue to be fresh and creative.
I could carry on and tell you tons of stuff about myself, but Ill just say that I love shooting weddings, I have been lucky enough to shoot hundreds of weddings all over the world. In my years I have won quite a few awards nationally and internationally (had to put that one in there).
We have a great team and our lives revolve around family, our work, and we love to surf when the waves are up. I take Wedding Commissions Nationally and Internationally.
THE FUN PART : Some Super Cool Interesting facts about me!
- I have a daughter named Laurel Jane, and my Love is for Celeste De Kock. They are my pride and joy.
- I have 3 nationality’s. South African : Canadian : British.
- I lived in India for 5 years of my life. I miss it and all my friends there.
- I spent my teen years in Canada…Toronto to be precise.
- I also spent a few years in the early 2000′s working as a sales trainer for Dell Computers (Ireland and later also in India). I made so many friends there and Ireland has been my second home for many years. Soon we will be spending more time there exploring life that side of the pond.
- My hobbies are : Playing Guitar and listening to new music (there is just so much of it), Surfing, Walking my dog, flying, and Exploring the world and photography together.
- When I was a kid (18 – 22) I worked as a Scuba Dive Master in South Africa, Mozambique, Thailand, Ireland, Canada and India.
- When I was 18 I hitchhiked around Australia by myself. I have some seriously dodgy tales of that adventure.
- A couple years later, I ran out of money in India, so I hitchhiked to England through the Middle East and Europe. I have even dodgier stories about that trip. Somehow, when I arrived in England I had more money than when I left India.
- One of my most treasured life experiences however was reading “Think and Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill. Had I never read that book I wouldn’t be following my dreams in the way that I am, and wouldn’t have made it running my own show.
- I have a dog named Simba Chips. He comes to work with me everyday. Don’t worry, he doesn’t come to weddings with me, unless requested….and yes it has been requested.
- The Little dog is Fin. I named him Shark Fin, but after a few times of calling him that we settled on Fin. He is kind of like a fin to Simba. Where Simba goes Fin trails behind ready for anything and everything!!! He is the smallest dog ever, and we didn’t know he was going to not grow at all it seems!! What is lacking in his size is made up for 10 fold in personality.
- I love to surf…if im not editing, shooting, or spending time with my ladies Laurel and Celeste, then im in the water. Its my spiritual outlet.
- Ok thats enough. If you would like to meet me, then I would be happy to!
- Hook up with me on Facebook or Twitter (I need the friends!), or your always welcome to visit my studio to look around, check out all our stuff, and get hooked on my coffee!
Hopefully we will chat soon.